Why We Need You:
O3 World is hiring a Back-End Engineer to design and build web applications, customer-facing APIs and backend services. You will collaborate with our Client Services, Experience Design, and Engineering teams to create applications with an eye towards scalability, flexibility and ease of maintenance. If you’re passionate about building great tools, and excited by learning new technologies, we want to speak with you!
Who You Are:
- A talented engineer and tenacious problem-solver
- Detail oriented, able to deliver high-quality work and technical documentation
- A collaborative teammate, comfortable providing feedback and supporting fellow engineers
- Courageous, willing to advocate for standards and best practices
- Highly accountable, consistently following through on your commitments to client projects as well as your own professional goals
- A voracious learner who seeks out opportunities to try new things
What You’ll Do:
- Design, build and deploy applications and features utilizing a variety of CMSs and application development frameworks
- Develop CMS-based websites and create custom CMS modules
- Power front end applications through design and development of custom APIs
- Contribute to DevOps and automation
- Collaborate with project teams to research and recommend application architectures
- Build with security in mind, advocate for security and data integrity across project teams
To be successful in this role, we need you to have:
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with CMS development (Wordpress, Drupal, Craft, Magento or similar)
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs
- Experience working in a cross-functional team structure (engineers, experience designers, project managers, QA)
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working in a digital or creative agency
- Knowledge of front end development, SEO and accessibility
- Experience designing REST APIs
- Familiarity with process automation and continuous integration
- Contributed to open source projects
Why work at O3?
- You’ll be a part of an “always growing” team. We support innovation, personal development, and mentorship.
- We’ve worked hard to foster an environment of mutual respect, where you’ll be treated like a peer regardless of title or seniority.
- You’ll find no drama here. We surround ourselves with good-natured, honest, hard-working people. That goes for our employees and our client partners.
- We don’t do egos, so no one person can “be” O3. We are a team.
- You’ll build partnerships, not just complete projects. We take the next 5% and go above and beyond for our clients, and each other.
O3 World specializes in digital product design and development, from conceptualization through implementation and support. O3 is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We look forward to meeting with you.