Why We Need You:
O3 World is adding a Director of Back-End Development to provide leadership and support for our growing development team. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, you will be instrumental in project scoping and oversight, establishing and promoting development standards, championing process improvement, setting team and individual goals, and putting team members in a position to succeed. The right candidate is a big-picture thinker who is able to effectively represent company values from a technology perspective.
Who You Are:
- A seasoned manager and back-end developer, with proven experience building a team
- Curious and inquisitive --- you enjoy being hands-on and exploring new technology
- An influential leader with a high emotional intelligence
- Cooperative and diplomatic --- you believe in leveraging the ideas of cross-functional teams to strategize and solve problems
- An effective communicator who can comfortably engage with clients and internal teams, and serve as a brand ambassador in the community
What You’ll Do:
- Develop metrics around velocity, utilization, and accuracy to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of the development team
- Support new business development by creating project plans and estimations
- Help your team grow their skills and their careers by conducting weekly one-on-ones and regular career planning meetings
- Function as a solutions architect -- lead discovery sessions to understand our clients' needs, conduct serious research, deliver creative and effective technical recommendations
- Oversee multiple agile web development projects, identify opportunities to gain efficiency, and serve as an escalation point for Senior Developers
- Collaborate with Senior Developers to build a process around DevOps and Automation
- Manage departmental resource/capacity planning and budgeting
To be successful in this role, we need you to have:
- 10+ years of experience in technology with a demonstrated track record of building and managing a team
- Experience working within a digital agency setting
- Current, hands-on development experience (or recent experience within the past 3 years)
- A focus on back-end development
- Databases (MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server, Redshift, Mongo)
- Frameworks (Laravel, Symphony, Yii, Django, .NET)
- Languages (PHP, Python, Ruby, C#)
- DevOps (Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, automated testing frameworks)
- CMS (Wordpress, Drupal, Craft, Sitecore)
- Familiarity with ecommerce frameworks and PCI compliance
- Experience using tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Github, InVision, VS Code
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Ability to speak comfortably with internal team members, end users, and clients
- Ability to create durable documentation, technical requirements and architecture recommendations
- The desire to work on-site in our cozy workspace in Fishtown, Philadelphia --- believe us, you’ll be glad to come into work every day
Bonus points if you have:
- Website Personalization experience
- AI / Machine learning experience
- BI / Analytics experience
Why work at O3?
- You’ll be a part of an “always growing” team. We support innovation, personal development, and mentorship.
- We’ve worked hard to foster an environment of mutual respect, where you’ll be treated like a peer regardless of title or seniority.
- You’ll find no drama here. We surround ourselves with good-natured, honest, hard-working people. That goes for our employees and our client partners.
- We don’t do egos, so no one person can “be” O3, we are a team.
- You’ll build partnerships here, not just complete projects. We take the next 5% and go above and beyond for our clients, and each other.
O3 World specializes in digital product design and development, from conceptualization through implementation and support. O3 is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We look forward to meeting with you.